11.6.10

Postópolis!

For 5 days, I scurried home after work, did not cook dinner and went to sit in a concrete semi-covered courtyard. This was sometimes problematic as it is the rainy season. I took an umbrella and shared. The seats - that is, cinder blocks - left white chalk-like markings on all the hipster wear.
















Postopolis was born from New York's Storefront for Art and Architecture gallery. The director wanted to put together some kind of event about architecture blogs and their role in shaping architectural discourse. Postopolis celebrates that blogs are changing what people talk about in fields ranging from urban planning, public transport, landscape architecture, agriculture, green design, architectural history, and documentary film-making.

The third installment of Postoplois came to D.F. last week. I went everyday despite the failings of my Spanish knowledge after 1 or 2 presentations. The free beer helped.

I met some interesting people from around the world. I also spoke briefly with David Lida, who wrote an excellent book on Mexico City, about my barrio and some surrounding hinterlands.

A video from Thursday night that will make you laugh:

No comments: