17.6.12

Four questions

A l y s o n :
The sea was angry that day; we did not know what lewn beneath. I will preface this by saying I could not read in high-school. Even with high adrenaline producing drugs. After three 20 mg pills I felt electric. I must have been about 16. I got my driver's license on them, and I was wearing a turtleneck so it could not have been May. The play was, what, Fall 2003? Yeah. '03 for sure. I had my father's car and I was trying to ash my cigarette out of the window and ended up swerving big time and almost drove off the side of the mountain. The passenger never trusted me again.

E m o r y :
The sea was angry that day, my friends. I was in my friend's backyard and we found a tall boy 24 oz Bud Light®. We split it in the woods and hated it or at least I hated it, so I gave my half to Amanda, who got pregnant pretty young and now, you know, I feel kind of bad. Like maybe me encouraging her to drink that other half of the tall boy, my half, that was what pushed her over the edge at too young of an age. How old were we? 14. 15 perhaps. No, wait that was for cigarettes. We were 12.

S c o t t :
No, that is boring. The "was angry that day" shit. The first day of my homeschooling I was angry. I must have been 11. We had all the books picked out for the year, a video for math class, that kind of stuff. But on Tuesdays I would go to the church and it was like a real class with other kids. At least one other day of the week we went to the library to hangout with the other homeschoolers. I was always so sure that I was way cooler, what, with my friends in public school. They didn't abandon me just because I stopped going to school with them. I would ride my bike at 3 pm to go wait for them to get out of class.

I mean, what do you want me to say? I finished my history class in like 2 weeks. Just had to read the book. And I tested off the charts for everything except math. I always cheated in math. Remember that part of the book that had the answers given? I just copied them and showed no work. God, I was so far behind in math when I went back to school in the 8th grade. So far behind. What do I do for a living? I am an accountant.

M a r y :
The sea was angry that day. We each had different color socks and hats. I was purple, Andrea hot pink and Woogie was yellow. The rest of the costume was standardized: white shirts and cutoff-acid-washed-jean-shorts. It was to be the performance of our lives. We had practiced for weeks at Woogie's. She lived just by the school. All you had to do was walk from the back of the playground, near where that old metal slide used to be. Maybe you were to young to remember. It seemed to climb past the tree line so you could see straight clear to Covenant from its peak. I loved that slide even though over its lifetime it must have broken many bones and warranted thousands of tetnus shots, which is probably why they replaced it with a one-story plastic hut pretending to be a log cabin. Anyway, near that was, maybe still is, a dirt path in the woods, though now that I think of it, it was not as much woods as shrubbery. Details. So you exited this path that seemed super hidden to my little girl mind and, boom, you were in front of her mother's house. I didn't know where her father lived. We never met him. Heather watched us practice and complimented our dance moves. We trusted Heather. She was redneck pretty, which meant slutty. Even at the age of 10 she oozed sex. I still know all of the dance moves. 

No comments: